Monday, June 22, 2009

Ridiculous Songs #1 - Boyzone, "Love Me For a Reason"

Love me for a reason,
Let the reason be love.
- Boyzone, 1994

People often tease me about liking shitty boybands, but then again, I never got caught up in the Boyzone or Take That craze. One song from each, maybe ("Picture of You" and "Greatest Day," respectively...they're good!). But seriously, songs like this make me almost violently ill because they are so fucking redundant. Love someone for a reason. Why? Because of love. Que?

Girl: Bobby, love me for a reason!
Boy: Okay, Cindy...well...I love you.
Girl: But WHY?
Boy: Because of love.
Girl: What?
Boy: I love you because of love. I love you because I love you.
Girl: We're done.

The video is also cringeworthy. I've seen about 20 seconds and then died of laughter. Ronan Keating...you do not give good face. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tkePfq1f6k (if you dare!)

No comments:

Post a Comment