Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ridiculous Song #3 - Girls Aloud, "Wake Me Up"

Was it just the margaritas or are you [unnecessary pause] talking to me?
Feels like I'm back in school
Makes me wanna break the rules!

Okay, what "feels like [you're] back in school"? Does that refer to the previous line or the next line?

If it refers to the next line: You associate being in school with breaking the rules! Rock on! Yeahhh! KISS forever! You guys are such badasses! Forget pop - you guys are the modern-day standard bearers of ROCK AND ROLL!!! You write your own songs and play your own instruments! What do you mean, you don't? Well...you opened this song with (I hope you're sitting down) a guitar...yeah, I guess you fooled me.

OR...do you feel "like [you're] back in school" because of the previous line, the cringe-worthy one about margaritas? What I really want to know is, what school serves margaritas? Because I WANT TO GO TO THAT SCHOOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment