Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ridiculous Song #4 - Girls Aloud, "Graffiti My Soul"

We should be getting it on
Fly DJ's playing my song

Ok, Girls Aloud/Gorls Alyde (if you're a member whose accent sounds like the linguistic love child of Northern Ireland and Mars). You're probably in a club somewhere, as evidenced by the rest of your INSANELY DEEP lyrics. But you "should be getting it on" just because there's a song you like? That's gross, and pretty trashy. You want to make babies on the dance floor?

Look, I know people make out (and even do more...ew) on the dance floor. But "getting it on" is just taking it WAY too far. No, Neckola, Kimbarlay, Sheeiiiryl, Nuhdeen, and Sayyra!* I don't care if a "fly DJ" (really?) is playing your song. Not an excuse to be a total ho bag.

(This song is legitimately good - yes, I know the title is weird - but some of the lyrics make me vaguely uncomfortable. See above.)

*Wikipedia-ing their names + Northern Ireland/Mars accent = enough to make me giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment