Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ridiculous Song #6 - (The?) Saturdays, "Issues"

Why fight it, cant hide it
Truth is I think I like it
Confusion, illusion
Still I don’t know which way to go…

I decided to make this fledgling little blog because of Snacks and Shit, which does what I do to rap songs, except eleventy gazillion point four times better. Entry #99 is genius, as it makes fun of E-40 for saying "Forty-five, fifty-five, sixty-five, seventy-five, gouda. Eighty-five, ninety-five, wait, what am I doing? Chalupa." The author rightfully states that you can't just "sing" by naming numbers and foods. Those just aren't lyrics.

Similarly, the middle 8 (I have no idea?) of this song, which includes the chorus of "Me and my heart, we've got issues," contains two lines that rhyme: "Why fight...like it." Cool. But then they just sing "confusion, illusion," as if a) these are complete sentences and not just abstract, intagible nouns and b) as if these measly two words extend the idea expressed in the first two lines of this excerpt. Um, but they don't. Just like with E-40, you guys are just saying words. These words have nothing to do with anything.

Good job, (probably Swedish) songwriters, you did a multisyllabic rhyme. Too bad it makes no fucking sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment