Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ridiculous Song #8 - Westlife, "Fool Again"

westlife-unbreakablethegreatesthits.jpg image by melisa89up
Baby, I know the story
I've seen the picture
It's written all over your face

Not gonna lie here, I'm a fan of this Westlife song. So is my friend, whom I've converted to Westlife-loving-dom. So finally other people in the US like Westlife. NBD.

But what the fuck is up with the above lines? How can a picture be written all over someone's face? Still don't see? Read on.

Person #1: Hey, what are you doing?
Person #2: Aw, nothing much. Just writing a picture.

Something about that is very wrong. You can't write a picture. Swedish songwriters are behind these guys, Nsync, BSB, Britney...AND (now) Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, and so on. They have a good command on the English language - enough to write catchy and popular songs. But there are slip-ups every so often and, oh man, is this one of them. Gotta go. I have a picture to write.


No comments:

Post a Comment