Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ridiculous Song #11 - Blue, "U Make Me Wanna"

F_200411_november13_161192a.jpg (300×210)

I'll take you home real quick
And sit you down on the couch
Pour some Dom Perignon and hit the lights out.
Baby we can make sweet love.
Then we'll take it nice and slow.
I'm gonna touch you like you've never know before
We're gonna make love all night.

You know how there's always that one person you know who doesn't hesitate to tell you everything about their sex life? But you don't want to know about it? That person would love the above section of this song by rando British boyband, Blue. You can just imagine them reciting what they did last night to you using similarly specific language, and you making whatever stock "uncomfortable face" you have out of necessity/habit.

I really like this song, except for this part. The chorus is catchy and so are the verses. When I get to this part, I just fast forward and feel awkward. These guys are just wayyy too specific. There really aren't rhymes here, either, which I guess could justify the absurd amount of detail. Couch/out? Slow/before? And then ending with a weirdly vague, "no duh!" statement? No shit, you're going to make love for the entire evening?!?! I had NOOOOOO IDEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment