Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ridiculous Song #9 - Westlife, "Obvious"

Now I'm reading into everything*
But there's no sign you hear the lightning, bayybayy

I'm pretty sure the same guys who wrote Fool Again wrote this gem. (Sad part is, I'm not being sarcastic when I call this a gem. Whatevah.) Almost no deficiences within the lyrics, except for insane cheesiness (but what else is new?) and the opener of "We started as friends, but something happened inside me." (Does it rhyme with shmamydia?)

But Westlife is sad that their addressee doesn't "hear the lightning." But you know why they don't? Because it's impossible. In Ireland they probably just spend school preparing for what they would say if they meet Westlife walking down the street, but when I was in school, I learned that thunder goes BOOM (makes noise!) and lightning doesn't make any noise and just makes light, hence the word (?). Maybe Ireland is just topsy-turvy world, though, which'd be awesome for me, as this straight girl would be a gay man, which would give me ridonculous amounts of carte blanche to dance around in hot pants to Girls Aloud, Lady Gaga, and Westlife. YES.

(Sorry if I offended any Irish and/or gay people. I didn't mean to. YOU'RE AWESOME! Yay.)

*In this song, it sounds more like "every-thayy-hayyng," just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment