Friday, August 7, 2009

UPDATE! (The?) Saturdays - "Issues"

Hey readers hey. I already analyzed/ripped into "Issues," a ballad by the Saturdays, a new addition to the British girl band scene (obv. Girls Aloud and the Spice Girls make it a tough act to follow). I could go back and make this a two-fer, but I'm way too lazy, so I'm just going to pick it up from here because I thought of something else. Woop woop.

Boy you leave me hanging for so long
You empty out my life until it's all gone

Righty-o. I don't think it's possible to empty out someone's life. You can drain a person's life out of them, but you see, that's actually a metaphor commonly used by humans. Emptying out life? Not so much. That's like saying "you take a walk with my feelings" or "you take my mind out dancing." They could just be metaphors, since they're surely not literal, but then again, they're not metaphors. They haven't been...ever. So it just sounds fucking weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment