Saturday, August 1, 2009

Ridiculous Song #14 - Girls Aloud, "No Good Advice"


Before I address this hoot-nanny of lyrics (I just wanted to use that word), can we just look at that picture? I searched Google Images (as I do for all of these) for "Girls Aloud 2003." AKA when they were starting out, AKA when I didn't know who they were, AKA so much awkwardness that it would a grown man cry. Guys can look at Girls Aloud (Gorls Alyde for Nuhdeen) and think that they're so hot, man. Whereas girls like me can look at them as inspiration for their own style...JUST NOT IN THIS PICTURE. From left to right, we've got: Awkward unflattering pose, looks like a rejected Disney villain, if she can make the leap from that to national style icon then there is hope for everyone, slutty but her face makes it look as if her brain just died (sexy? no no no. GET IT OMG), and awkward skirt material ginger lady. FAIL.

Daddy told me, look into the future
Sit at your computer
Be a good girl

What good dad tells his daughter to look into the future (hi, that's impossible), and worse yet, sit at the computer? Shouldn't a dad (esp. one that they'd complain about) tell his daughter to do her homework or wash the dishes or take care of one of her younger siblings or something useful? These lyrics suck because they don't make sense. What dad tells his daughter to just randomly surf the net or play computer games instead of getting shit done? "I know you have a biology (I AM HILARIOUS) test tomorrow, but you should go on Facebook for a few hours, and then play some Bejeweled." THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN.



No comments:

Post a Comment